Servings: 4-8. | Prep: 10 mins. | Cook: 25 mins.
Perfect as an entrée, start off a meal with this rich savoury tart. Easily adapted; the buttery short crust pastry can be fitted into individual tartlet shells for a more refined setting, or one large tart can be shared among guests. The perfect pairing of these spring ingredients will leave guests wanting more.
Goat’s Cheese Tart
- 1 sheet short crust pastry
- 4-5 tbsp caramelised onion jam
- 5 artichoke hearts
- Goat’s cheese feta (enough to cover tart)
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Line a rectangular tart pan with short crust pastry roughly 1.5cm thick.
- Place wax paper over pastry and fill with pastry weights, cooking in oven at 180° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Evenly spread caramelised onion jam across the base.
- Top with roughly sliced artichoke hearts and generously crumble goat’s cheese on top, enough to cover the whole tart.
- Sprinkle with 2 sprigs of fresh thyme and drizzle with olive oil.
- Return to oven for a further 10 minutes or until crust and goat’s cheese starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, garnishing with a sprig of fresh thyme. Serve warm on Maxwell & Williams Lanka Platter.