Servings: 2. | Prep: 30 mins. | Cook: 30-40 mins.
Enjoy a dinner for two with this fresh tasting dish on our Ponto Platter. With only a few ingredients, your snapper will be packed full of flavor and enjoyed best with a nice glass of dry Riesling.
- 1 whole snapper, cleaned
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch of fresh thyme sprigs
- Salt & pepper, a few pinches
- 1 whole garlic crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper and brush or spray base with olive oil.
- Cut garlic bulb in half and drizzle with olive oil. Cover loosely with foil to prevent burning, bake for 15 minutes before placing fish in oven.
- Wipe fish with damp cloth, inside and out, to clear scales or blood and pat dry.
- Where fish is thickest, cut 2-3 diagonal slashes on both sides then season, inside and out, with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Add lemon slice and thyme sprigs to cavities.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on fish size.
- Check the thickest part of fish is cooked – it should flake easily from the bone but still be moist. If required, bake 5-10 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil. Rest for at least 5 minutes before transferring to large Ponto Platter. Garnish with thyme sprigs and lemon slices.